Step by step of how to airport transfer using Keisei Skyliner
In the previous blog, I introduced the Keisei Skyliner and talked about price, the place to purchase and advantages of taking the skyliner.
In this blog I will explain in detail how to take the train from Narita airport to Ueno and vice versa. Follow the guidelines in this blog and you will never get lost.
From Narita to Ueno
1.Once you pass through immigration and customs, go to the nearest exit.
2. If you get out from exit B, turn right and take the elevator down to B1 floor
3.For those who have purchased the ticket in advance in your country, you will need to exchange your tickets to seat reservation tickets.
- English and Chinese speaking staff are available at the Keisei information center. Operating hours are until 9PM everyday. If your flight arrival time is later than 9PM, you can contact the Keisei counter at the entrance.
- You can reserve you return ticket from Ueno on the same day if you like (since most of you know your departure date & flight). Choose the latest one. You are allowed to change the time once if you want to leave earlier (depends on availability).
- In case of round trip ticket, once activate, return ticket must be used within 6 months.
- Free wifi is available on the train. Please ask the information center for the username & password. You can also use AC power outlets on the train.
- One way ticket regular price is 3470 yen. 3 day metro ticket is 1500 yen. If you buy round trip skyliner plus 3 days metro pass, you actually save almost 4000yen!
- As Keisei only sells set tickets (skyliner + metro pass), if you only need Tokyo metro pass, please contact Tokyo tourist information center. Read more on blog>> Tokyo subway pass for locations
4. Board the train
5. Look for your seat number
As all seats need advance reservation, once you reserve, please check the car and seat numbers.
6. Get comfortable and enjoy the ride!
From Ueno to Narita
—- AT UENO —-
Ueno station is a big station. Within the vicinity, there are 3 main entrances for 3 different operators, JR, Subway and Keisei line.
As Keisei skyliner ticket comes as combo with Tokyo subway ticket, many of you might be using subway to transfer from your hotel to Ueno station.
Be sure to reserve your seat in advance. If the train is full, you might need to wait for another one in 20-30 mins.
—- Arriving at Narita airport —-
From Ueno, it takes 41 mins to Narita.
Time went by really fast!
Jet Asia, Tiget air, Air asia X, HK express, Japan airlines, Finnair and more
All nippon airways, Peach, Swiss air, Lufthansa, Delta, Air Berlin, Korean air, Thai airways and many more
Keisei skyliner tickets
Sales Locations : Contact your local HIS offices to purchase before arriving in Japan *special rates
(Korea, China Shianghai-Suzhou, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Indonesia and Thailand)
You can also purchase when you arrive at Narita as well (regular price)
- Narita Airport Terminal 1 Station . B1F
- Narita Airport Terminal 2 Station, B1F
The business hours are from 07:00 ~ 22:30.
For optional tour reservation and inquiry, please contact email@example.com or
visit one of our Tourist information centers in Tokyo.